Ron Dizy Managing Director at Red Jar Capital
Ron is co-Founder and Managing Director at Red Jar Capital with over 25 years of experience as both an operator and investor in the technology and advanced energy sectors. Ron’s role is to manage the day to day operations and the investment process at Red Jar, lead investments and find ways to consistently add value to Red Jar’s portfolio and partner companies.
Prior to joining Red Jar, Ron was the Chief Commercial Officer at Spark Power, where he led sales, product management & marketing, business development, and corporate strategy, with a focus on bringing new customer-centric solutions to the industrial, commercial, and utility markets. Before that, he was the SVP of Partnerships at MaRS where he was responsible for helping utilities around the world find ways to adopt innovation at scale, to help them survive in a world being rapidly changed by technology, customer preferences, and regulation. His previous career experience also includes:
- Founding Managing Director of the Advanced Energy Centre at MaRS Discovery District
- President and CEO of ENBALA Power Networks
- Partner at Celtic House Venture Partners ($500M venture fund)
- Founding member of Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan venture capital team where he was responsible for sourcing and managing investments across the technology sector in Canada and in the United States.
- Founder & Managing Partner of Altera System Corp.
An active participant in the advanced energy sector, he is frequently sought out by government, agency, and utility organizations to offer his pragmatic perspective and lend his deep and varied experience. He is also a frequent speaker at industry conferences and events.
Ron holds a BASc, Industrial Engineering from the University of Toronto.